Affiliated with the National Federation of Press Women, Arizona Professional Writers is a nonprofit organization of women and men welcoming those who are experienced professionals in the communications field, both active and retired, those who are new to their careers, and students.
We work as print and electronic journalists, writers, editors, novelists, graphic artists, photographers, film producers, public relations specialists, and more. We own our own businesses. We work for companies both large and small, for schools, the government and non-profits.
We sharpen career skills, network with top professionals and enjoy the camaraderie of peers.
We have an annual communications contest and first place winners can enter in the NFPW national competition We host professional development workshops/seminars.
Activities often feature speakers who are published writers or experts in other areas of professional communications. APW also offers grant and scholarship opportunities.
Go to Join Us for more information on membership.
- Meet and exchange ideas with local authors.
- One or two virtual meetings a month with a local speaker on a writing or publishing topic.
- Join the APW Book Club where read and review each other’s work (email Karen Lateiner email@example.com)
- Ability to use APW Zoom for book presentations or other writing-related meetings. (Contact Marie Fasano firstname.lastname@example.org or Jaimie Bruzenak email@example.com
- Enter the At-large contest for the National Federation of Press Women. First place winners go on to the national level. Many categories for these prestigious awards. See https://www.nfpw.org/professional-contest We had several winners at the At-large contest. Dianne Beaff and Wynne Brown won awards at the national level.
- Post on our Facebook page more than once about your book. (Nonmembers are limited to one post.) Share your new publications, wins and writing events.
- Keep up on local book and writing events in Arizona.
- Your book listed in the Holiday Bazaar before Christmas. Listed at least once on FB that it is there. (Email Jaimie Bruzenak firstname.lastname@example.org)
Additional National Federation of Press Women benefits
- Premium professional members of NFPW have access to discounted libel insurance through its group policy.
- NFPW focuses on and working to support the First Amendment. https://nfpw.memberclicks.net/the-first-amendment-network