- Meet and exchange ideas with local authors.
- One or two virtual meetings a month with a local speaker on a writing or publishing topic.
- Join the APW Book Club where read and review each other’s work (email Karen Lateiner email@example.com)
- Ability to use APW Zoom for book presentations or other writing-related meetings. (Contact Marie Fasano firstname.lastname@example.org or Jaimie Bruzenak email@example.com
- Enter the At-large contest for the National Federation of Press Women. First place winners go on to the national level. Many categories for these prestigious awards. See https://www.nfpw.org/professional-contest We had several winners at the At-large contest. Dianne Beaff and Wynne Brown won awards at the national level.
- Post on our Facebook page more than once about your book. (Nonmembers are limited to one post.) Share your new publications, wins and writing events.
- Keep up on local book and writing events in Arizona.
- Your book listed in the Holiday Bazaar before Christmas. Listed at least once on FB that it is there. (Email Jaimie Bruzenak firstname.lastname@example.org)
Additional National Federation of Press Women benefits
- Premium professional members of NFPW have access to discounted libel insurance through its group policy.
- NFPW focuses on and working to support the First Amendment. https://nfpw.memberclicks.net/the-first-amendment-network
Congratulations to APWs two winners at the national level of the NFPS Communications contest! Both won first place in the At-Large Contest before advancing to the finals. We are very proud of them!
Dianne Beeaff (Tucson) – Second place – Collection of short stories written by entrant, On Traigh Lar Beach
Wynne Brown (Tucson) –Second place – Newsletter Web and Social Media – Electronic Newsletter – Personal, The Sara Lemmon Project
- Second place -Columns, general, Roaming the Rim Column – “WHO designates 2020 as Year of the Nurse and Midwife”
- Honorable mention -Feature story, Print based newspaper, “Homeless Give Back “
- Third Place- Autobiograpy or Memoir, Surrender
Second Place-Collection of short stories written by entrant (published together in book form, including electronic books) Body Language
Honorable Mention Nonfiction Book for Adult Readers – General Nonficton, The Big Book of Small Presses and Independent Publishers
Congratulations to Dianne Beeaff! A Grand Madness, U2 Twenty Years After has taken Second Place honors, Autobiography/Memoir, in the National Federation of Press Women’s 2020 At-Large Communications Contest!
“An enjoyable romp through the eyes of a U2 superfan, filled with telling details of the band and punctuated by lyrical descriptions of extraordinary concert moments and fascinating scenery along the road . . . . my head will be filled with U2 tunes for some time!” Judge, National Federation of Press Women
APW had several winners in the National Federation of Press Women’s At-Large Communication Contest. Two members won honorable mention for their entries.
Dianne Ebert Beeaff won honorable mention in the category- “Short Stories- Single Story,” for A Packet of Arthritis Pills in the Potomac Review Issue 62, Spring 2018.
Jan Cleere won two honorable mentions in the category- “Columns/General.” Jan won for her articles in Western Women columns that she writes for the Tucson Arizona Daily Star.
Congratulations to both!
NFPW is a nationwide organization of women and men pursuing careers across the communications spectrum, including print and electronic journalism, freelancing, new media, books, public relations, marketing, graphic design, photography, advertising, radio and television.