Hello and welcome to September. I do hope you all had a wonderful summer whether you did a stacation or you had the chance to travel. If you’re new, welcome to the Arizona Professional Writers!
July was a busy month for the Rim Country Chapter as they held their book festival on July 17th. We had about 50% fewer attendees this year and far fewer authors. However, everyone who did attend had a good time and there was a lot of feedback on how much both the attendees and the authors liked the festival.
August had both the Central and the Rim Country chapters return to regular meetings, continuing to being held on Zoom. The book club is also still meeting via Zoom.
We need help! We need volunteers. Many of the APW officers have been serving for years. The Payson Book Festival committee needs a new Media Manager as Marie Fasano must step down for health reasons. New people bring fresh, new ideas and we want to keep our organization both active and relevant. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about it.
APW Board Meeting: My calendar has September 18th, 10 a.m., as our APW Board Meeting. The meeting is open to all members, and it’s being held via Zoom. Contact me if you’d like to attend.
Speaking of media, take a look at our Facebook page for APW. This is a great place to announce your newest book, magazine article, or speaking engagement. This is just one of the many perks you, as an APW member, have so take advantage! https://www.facebook.com/groups/ArizonaPressWomen
That’s it for September. Everyone stay safe, enjoy the upcoming autumn, and hope to see you at the next meeting!
Connie Cockrell, President
This is the first of monthly posts for the Arizona Professional Writers from your President, Marie A. Fasano.
APW has been a vibrant organization since 1953 with wonderful writers and photographers in the field of communications. Our goal this year is to renew friendships and reinvigorate the organization.
Connie Cockrell, email@example.com, Rim Country Chapter Director holds monthly meetings on the second Wednesday of the month in Payson. Barbara Lacy , firstname.lastname@example.org, Central Chapter Director and Jane Eppinga, email@example.com, Southern Chapter Director plan to start having meetings with their members. They are talking about first holding an informal get-together to see what members want to do.
To let you know what’s been happening
- Jaimie Bruzenak has been updating the website and Facebook pages.
- The 2019 Membership Directory is now available at the website. If you want the password for the Membership Directory send an email to Jaimie calamityJaimie@gmail.com or myself RNPilot2@aol.com and we’ll send it to you. (Members are reminded that this membership directory is private and cannot be sold or used for any commercial purposes. Thank you for respecting this rule and the privacy of all APW members.)
- Did you see the winners in the NFPW communications contest on the website and the Facebook page? Think about joining NFPW and entering your work for 2019.
- We have a committee that is working on a much-needed review of the By-laws.
- We are excited about planning the 2019 APW State Conference on September 21, 2019 in Phoenix. Topics will relate to “First Amendment Issues for Writers.”
Lots going on. More next month.
Marie A. Fasano