President’s Message March 2019
This is the first of monthly posts for the Arizona Professional Writers from your President, Marie A. Fasano.
APW has been a vibrant organization since 1953 with wonderful writers and photographers in the field of communications. Our goal this year is to renew friendships and reinvigorate the organization.
Connie Cockrell, email@example.com, Rim Country Chapter Director holds monthly meetings on the second Wednesday of the month in Payson. Barbara Lacy , firstname.lastname@example.org, Central Chapter Director and Jane Eppinga, email@example.com, Southern Chapter Director plan to start having meetings with their members. They are talking about first holding an informal get-together to see what members want to do.
To let you know what’s been happening
- Jaimie Bruzenak has been updating the website and Facebook pages.
- The 2019 Membership Directory is now available at the website. If you want the password for the Membership Directory send an email to Jaimie calamityJaimie@gmail.com or myself RNPilot2@aol.com and we’ll send it to you. (Members are reminded that this membership directory is private and cannot be sold or used for any commercial purposes. Thank you for respecting this rule and the privacy of all APW members.)
- Did you see the winners in the NFPW communications contest on the website and the Facebook page? Think about joining NFPW and entering your work for 2019.
- We have a committee that is working on a much-needed review of the By-laws.
- We are excited about planning the 2019 APW State Conference on September 21, 2019 in Phoenix. Topics will relate to “First Amendment Issues for Writers.”
Lots going on. More next month.
Marie A. Fasano