APW wins big in the At-large contest!
Arizona winners in the 2021 At-large NFPW communications contest
From Teri Ehresman, Contest Director: “You have an outstanding number of winners again this year in the NFPW at-large communications contest.”
Bobbi Bennett – 2nd place, Publication regularly written by entrant; 3rd place, Publication regularly written by entrant; two honorable mentions for Publication regularly written by entrant
Wynne Brown — Honorable Mention, Books, Biography or History
Jan Cleere — 1st place, Books, Biography or History
Chrisann Dawson – 2nd place, general fiction; Honorable Mention, Fiction for adult readers
Jodi Decker — Honorable Mention, Specialty Articles, History
Marie Fasano — 2nd place, photo/writer; 2nd place, Informational Column, 2nd place, Feature story
Rebecca Goodrich — 1st place, Short Stories
Brad Graber – 1st place, Fiction for adult readers
Janelle Molony – Honorable mention, specialty articles, history
Jody Sharpe — 3rd place, Novellas
We had an extremely competitive at-large contest again this year. We had strong entries from entrants from Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Spain, Washington D.C. and Washington state.
Congratulations to all! First place winners in their category move onto the national contest.
Ten benefits for joining APW
- Meet and exchange ideas with local authors.
- One or two virtual meetings a month with a local speaker on a writing or publishing topic.
- Join the APW Book Club where read and review each other’s work (email Karen Lateiner firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ability to use APW Zoom for book presentations or other writing-related meetings. (Contact Marie Fasano email@example.com or Jaimie Bruzenak firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter the At-large contest for the National Federation of Press Women. First place winners go on to the national level. Many categories for these prestigious awards. See https://www.nfpw.org/professional-contest We had several winners at the At-large contest. Dianne Beaff and Wynne Brown won awards at the national level.
- Post on our Facebook page more than once about your book. (Nonmembers are limited to one post.) Share your new publications, wins and writing events.
- Keep up on local book and writing events in Arizona.
- Your book listed in the Holiday Bazaar before Christmas. Listed at least once on FB that it is there. (Email Jaimie Bruzenak email@example.com)
Additional National Federation of Press Women benefits
- Premium professional members of NFPW have access to discounted libel insurance through its group policy.
- NFPW focuses on and working to support the First Amendment. https://nfpw.memberclicks.net/the-first-amendment-network
2021 NFPW Communications Contest winners
Congratulations to APWs two winners at the national level of the NFPS Communications contest! Both won first place in the At-Large Contest before advancing to the finals. We are very proud of them!
Dianne Beeaff (Tucson) – Second place – Collection of short stories written by entrant, On Traigh Lar Beach
Wynne Brown (Tucson) –Second place – Newsletter Web and Social Media – Electronic Newsletter – Personal, The Sara Lemmon Project
2021 At-Large Communications Contest winners
- Second place -Columns, general, Roaming the Rim Column – “WHO designates 2020 as Year of the Nurse and Midwife”
- Honorable mention -Feature story, Print based newspaper, “Homeless Give Back “
- Third Place- Autobiograpy or Memoir, Surrender
Second Place-Collection of short stories written by entrant (published together in book form, including electronic books) Body Language
Honorable Mention Nonfiction Book for Adult Readers – General Nonficton, The Big Book of Small Presses and Independent Publishers