President’s message – December 2019
President’s Page – December 2019
As we end this year, we want to thank each member who has been participating in all of our monthly meetings with many excellent speakers.
What we have accomplished in 2019
- We have increased our State and National membership.
- The PHX Central Chapter is up and running again, thanks to Barbara Lacy. (She will need more help in 2020.)
- Southern Chapter had a meeting and Barbara Marriot has agreed to be the contact person there.
- Our Trade Name is current with the Secretary of State.
- We revised our Bylaws and will be voting on them in May at our Spring Conference May 9.
- We were involved with ASU for several programs.
- Our joint fall conference with ANA was a success. Bobbie Bennett helped me with the logistics.
- We had a successful Payson Book Festival AGAIN thanks to Connie Cockrell and all our volunteers.
- The website and Faceboook pages are current with interesting information thanks to Jaimie Bruzenak.
The APW Treasury is in good hands thanks to Cheryl Kohout.
- Carol Osmon Brown lost her husband and best friend, Bing this year. She had to resign as Secretary and moved with her family to California. I keep her updated about APW happenings.
- We lost a long time member in 2019 Jane Eppinga and will be having a celebration of her life next year.
The Board of Directors: We will be having an election in May 2020. In the meantime, we want to thank Joan Westlake for her many years of service on the Board. She is busy with her consulting work. She will be turning over the membership duties to Connie Cockrell as of January 2020. Brenda Whiteside has agreed to replace Carol Osman Brown as Secretary. We thank them for their willingness to help at this time.
Enjoy your Holidays!!
Marie A Fasano
President, Arizona Professional Writers
Tags: APW, Arizona Professional Writers, Barbara Lacy, Barbara Marriott, Carol Osman Brown, Central Chapter, Connie Cockrell, Marie Fasano, Payson Book Festival, Southern Chapter